Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Italian Bread

This is a super easy recipe for either French or Italian bread and it freezes very well. We normally double it so that we don't have to make it too often.

3½ t. yeast

2 cups hot water

1½ t. salt

2 cups white flour

3½ cups soft white flour

1 T. Italian seasoning (omit if making French bread)

2 T. honey

2½ T. oil

Mix all ingredients in large bowl and knead for 8 minutes (we use our bread machine so we don't have to hand-knead.) Let rise until doubled. Shape into oblong loaves and let rise. Slit loaves with a dough knife right before baking. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes.
Yield: 2 loaves
Enjoy!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I LOVE this bread recipe!!! Thanks so much for posting it, Cami! Whenever I need another side dish, I whip this together. It is very nice to have on hand!