Friday, May 23, 2008

Chocolate Peppermint Brownies

Here is a recipe for some of my favorite brownies. They are relatively simple and taste delicious.
Brownies:

  • 2 squares unsweetened chocolate
  • ½ cup butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup sugar
  • ¼ t. peppermint extract
  • ½ cup flour
  • pinch of salt

Beat sugar and eggs in a mixing bowl. Melt butter and chocolate and add. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bake in a sprayed 8 inch pan at 350 for 15-20 minutes.

Frosting:

  • 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
  • 2 T. butter
  • 1 T. milk
  • ½ t. peppermint extract
  • Drop of food coloring

Mix all ingredients with an electric mixer and chill. We normally use green food coloring because they are "mint" but any color works fine.

Let brownies cool and then frost. Cut into squares.



2 comments:

Camille said...

Camille,

Those sound wonderful! I LOVE chocolate, and I love mint.... it sounds like the perfect dessert.

Camille S

Lady Grace said...

Yum!!!! I might try making those sometime! :):)

FKS, (etc)
Court