- 4 eggs
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Powdered sugar
In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, chocolate, oil, baking powder, and vanilla until combined. Gradually beat in as much of the flour as you can with the mixer. Stir in any remaining flour. Cover and chill dough 2 hours or overnight or until dough is easy to handle.
Preheat oven to 375*. Lightly grease a cookie sheet. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar to coat generously. Place balls 1" apart on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and tops are dry (do not over bake). Transfer to a wire rack and let cool. (Cookies will deflate slightly upon cooling.) If desired, sift additional powdered sugar over the tops of cookies.
The things I did differently: Melt the chocolate in the microwave and dump in without cooling. Use whole wheat (soft white) flour - just add 1/3 to 1/2 cup more since it's not as dense (that's if it's home-milled, not sure about store bought whole wheat flour).
I'm glad to say that these cookies have been very popular today! I'm a bit surprised actually seeing as they don't use butter and I used whole wheat flour!

No comments:
Post a Comment