Wednesday, August 06, 2008

(Chocolate) Pumpkin Muffins

  • 3 1/2 cups unbleached flour
  • 3 cups sugar (I use 2 and they turn out just as good)
  • 1 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 1/2 tsp baking
  • 2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup oil (I use applesauce, works just as well, and it's healthier)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups mashed pumpkin (1 can pumpkin pie filling)
  • 2 cups chocolate chips (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Mix all dry ingredients. Beat eggs together with fork and mix wet ingredients together; add to dry mixture and mix well. Pour in greased muffins cup pans for approximately 20 minutes.

Note: these muffins are delicious, but they are much better when not refrigerated. Also, they're much better with chocolate chips in them, I think;)

2 comments:

Camille F said...

Isn't most anything better with chocolate chips in it? :) These sound great; I'll have to try them soon...

Camille said...

Cami,
This is so true. Everything I can think of tastes better with chocolate in it;)