Friday, August 01, 2008

Deluxe Cream Cheese Frosting

Of course the best part of any carrot cake... :)

  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 1 (8 oz.) package of cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (16 oz.) package of powdered sugar
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 1 cup of chopped pecans
  • 1 cup of flaked coconut

Combine butter and cream cheese; cream until light and fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla, mixing well. Stir in pecans and coconut.

Yield: enough for one 3-layer cake [barely]

My changes to this recipe: I toasted the pecans in a little butter and sugar to sort of candy them before stirring them in. I also couldn't bring myself to put the coconut in. I think those are the only changes I made though.

3 comments:

Camille said...

Is this the same carrot cake you brought to church last week? That was SOOOO good!

Camille said...

BTW, I have a recipe I'll post as soon as I get a minute;)

Camille said...

Uh, *Slapping of the forehead* I just saw that you said it was for Lord's Day. Sorry. :D